Christy is married to Baylight's Founder and Executive Director, Joshua Waulk, and serves Baylight as both a staff counselor, and ministry Treasurer.
Christy and Josh are three-time adoptive parents. Christy has a passion to encourage families who are considering adoption.
Favorite Verse: Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Don’t let your heart be troubled or fearful. (John 14:27)
Training and Education
- Doctor of Education (Candidate), Biblical Counseling, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Master of Arts (2015), Human Services: Crisis and Trauma Counseling, Liberty University.
- Master of Business Administration (2008), University of South Florida.
- Bachelor of Arts (2000), Graphic Design, Campbell University.
- Women's Counseling (depression, anxiety, eating disorders, abuse, domestic violence, PTSD, infertility, adoption, post-abortive recovery, Christian faith issues)
To Schedule an Appointment
Please visit our Schedule an Appointment page to establish your secure online portal, fill out our online Intake Form, and Request Care.
Once you complete these steps, your assigned counselor will contact you to schedule your first session.
Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus, Baylight is currently providing counseling services via online video conferencing to maximize safety. This is in addition to our normal in-office services.
We encourage use of our online services for those who are willing, and especially for those who may be considered "at-risk." Please contact your medical care provider if you have any questions about which option is best for you.
Baylight Counseling is striving to follow the latest CDC Guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus. Please be prepared to observe the guidelines during in-office counseling, to include the wearing of a mask, hand sanitizing, six feet social distancing, etc.
Baylight Counseling makes no representations, offers, or guarantees concerning the elimination of COVID-19 risk factors for in-office counseling. Clients, when choosing in-office services, assume the risk and responsibility for their own health, and agree to not hold Baylight Counseling, Inc., its counselors, officers, or affiliated office hosts liable in the unlikely event of a coronavirus transmission.