Christy is married to Baylight's Founder and Executive Director, Joshua Waulk, and serves Baylight as both a staff counselor, and ministry Treasurer.
Christy and Josh are three-time adoptive parents. Christy has a passion to encourage families who are considering adoption.
Favorite Verse: Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Don’t let your heart be troubled or fearful. (John 14:27)
Training and Education
- Doctor of Education (Candidate), Biblical Counseling, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Master of Arts (2015), Human Services: Crisis and Trauma Counseling, Liberty University.
- Master of Business Administration (2008), University of South Florida.
- Bachelor of Arts (2000), Graphic Design, Campbell University.
- Women's Counseling (depression, anxiety, eating disorders, abuse, domestic violence, PTSD, infertility, adoption, post-abortive recovery, Christian faith issues)
Phone: (727) 239-2596 | Email
Schedule an Appointment
1) Choose day, location, and time for your session according to the following:
Christy's office hours and locations:
Calvary Church | 110 N. McMullen Booth Rd. Clearwater, Fl. 33759 | 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Calvary Church | 110 N. McMullen Booth Rd. Clearwater, Fl. 33759 | 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
*** OR ***
Gulf Coast Community Church | 555 76 Ave. N. St. Pete, Fl. 33702 | 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Fridays (SECOND and FOURTH of each month):
Calvary Church | 110 N. McMullen Booth Rd. Clearwater, Fl. 33759 | 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
2) Email Christy with two dates and times (on the hour if possible) according to the above that would work for you. She will then email you back with a confirmation, or she'll offer an alternative if needed.
3) Visit our Intake Form page, and print/fill out these documents ahead of your first session.
SPECIAL COVID UPDATE
Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus, Baylight is currently providing a majority of counseling services via online video conferencing to maximize safety. Those who are able and willing to counsel online are asked to please do so.
As of Monday, 05/25/20, Baylight counselors will offer *limited* in-office counseling at our Clearwater and St. Petersburg locations for those with that preference. Safety protocols will be in place and will be explained by your counselor at the time of scheduling an appointment.
These safety protocols may include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Social distancing in-session (six foot rule)
- Hand sanitizing upon entering the building
- Cleansing of surfaces before and after each session
- Clients are asked to refrain from in-office sessions if any symptoms of illness (especially cough, fever, or shortness of breath) have been present in the previous 24 hours
- Your Baylight counselor may not wear a face mask, however, we welcome clients who feel comfortable wearing one for themselves during their session
- Clients are asked to wait in their vehicle until they are notified by their counselor to enter the building
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these troubelsome times.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.