Josh is the Founder and Executive Director at Baylight Counseling. He's married to Christy, and is dad to Trevor, Karis, Liam, and Liana. Josh is a former police officer, and cancer survivor. He loves baseball, and Cuban food.
Favorite Verse: Therefore the Lord is waiting to show you mercy, and is rising up to show you compassion, for the Lord is a just God. All who wait patiently for him are happy. (Isaiah 30:18)
Training and Education
- Doctor of Ministry (Candidate), Biblical Counseling, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dissertation: A Biblical-Sacramental and Clinically-Informed Approach to Attachment in Christian Adoptive Parenting
- Master of Arts (2015), Biblical Counseling, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Bachelor of Science (2011), Christian Ministry, Trinity College of Florida.
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Critical Incident First Responder Training, NAMI, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
- Marriage and Pre-Martial Counseling.
- Men's Counseling (depression, anxiety, anger, sexual addictions, PTSD, abuse, domestic violence, same-sex attraction, Christian faith issues).
To Schedule an Appointment
Please visit our Schedule an Appointment page to establish your secure online portal, fill out our online Intake Form, and Request Care.
Once you complete these steps, your assigned counselor will contact you to schedule your first session.
Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus, Baylight is currently providing counseling services via online video conferencing to maximize safety. This is in addition to our normal in-office services.
We encourage use of our online services for those who are willing, and especially for those who may be considered "at-risk." Please contact your medical care provider if you have any questions about which option is best for you.
Baylight Counseling is striving to follow the latest CDC Guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus. Please be prepared to observe the guidelines during in-office counseling, to include the wearing of a mask, hand sanitizing, six feet social distancing, etc.
Baylight Counseling makes no representations, offers, or guarantees concerning the elimination of COVID-19 risk factors for in-office counseling. Clients, when choosing in-office services, assume the risk and responsibility for their own health, and agree to not hold Baylight Counseling, Inc., its counselors, officers, or affiliated office hosts liable in the unlikely event of a coronavirus transmission.