The mission of Baylight Counseling, Inc. is to provide clinically-informed, biblical counseling and education services to the local church and community throughout Tampa Bay.
Baylight Counseling, Inc. will execute its mission by partnering with local churches, members of the community, and ministry partners to create a venue for Gospel-centered, accessible soul care.
- Christ-Centered: As the Christian life is focused upon becoming like Him, biblical counseling ministry must always point to Him.
- Gospel-Saturated: As the Christian life is empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, biblical counseling ministry must always be in accord with Scripture.
- Clinically-Informed: As people possess both a body and a soul, biblical counseling ministry must always be aware of the inter-relatedness of these two human characteristics.
- Professionally-Oriented: Biblical counseling ministry must recognize the expectations of our culture, and seek to serve the community in ways that foster confidence in God’s word.
- People-Focused: Biblical counseling ministry is rooted in the redemptive mission of God, which is the rescue and restoration of man out of a world of darkness.
- Evangelistically-Minded: Biblical counseling ministry must always proclaim the truth of Christ and his word as the ultimate source of hope for all mankind.
- Progressively Relevant: Biblical counseling ministry recognizes the stereotypes of faith-based counseling, and seeks to counteract those by embracing the well-founded discoveries of modern science as a participant in the care of souls.
- Awareness-Raising: As the church has not always responded well to mental health crises, biblical counseling ministry seeks to inform the church community, steering it away from a denial of mental illness, and a denial of the Gospel as the ultimate source of hope.
- Accessible: As biblical counseling is a Christian ministry, it must be economically accessible to the entire community.
- Disciple-Making: As the goal of all Christian ministry is the glory of God and the making of disciples, so these reflect the heart of biblical counseling.